Produced in the mountain valley of Feneos in the north Peloponnese, ‘Fava Feneou’ derives from the species Lathyrus sativus and is small in size, with 1000 seeds not exceeding 150g in weight.
- Ingredients: 100% Fava of Feneos
- no preservatives, no pesticides
- Origin: Feneos, North Peloponnese, Greece
- Net weight: 500g
- Packaging: vacuum pack
Awaiting registration as a PDO/PGI product, ‘Fava Feneou’ is highly nutritious and boasts the following characteristics:
- rich in proteins, with 100g of the product containing at least 24g.
- rich in carbohydrates, with 100g of the product containing 44-60g.
- rich in natural dietary fibres, with 100g of the product containing 12-15g.
Cooked as yellow split pea puree, a must summer dish to serve with olives, sardines, red pepper pates and to have with a cold beer.
The pulses featured in our collection are selected and packaged by ‘Fenea Land’ and have been produced in Feneos, a 600m high mountain valley nestled between the 2,400m peaks of Helmos and Zyria in the north Peloponnese, where the rich and fertile land adds its own flavour to the environmentally produced products – land blessed by the gods through Artemis and Hercules.
The produce comes from local small-scale farmers, all of whom are land and product registered, who have developed their skills of cultivation from generation to generation, so ensuring the unique strains of the seeds used to provide the ultimate in terms of both quality and taste.