The Latin name of the herb is Satureja thymbra. Its taste is similar to oregano and thyme. It thrives in May for about a month.
• Ingredients: Organic Greek Savory
• Origin: Mount Parnonas
• Net content: 30g
• Packaging: vacuum bag
Due to its strong, pungent culinary scent, it is a beneficial addition to many recipes. It is used such as oregano and thyme. It is great in salads, sauces, baked, beans, scrambled eggs, white cheese, beans, raw vegetables etc. It acts as a digestive and is ideal for all indigestible dishes. It is added to vinegar, olives, dried figs and liqueurs.
The healing properties of the plant have been known since antiquity. The fathers of herbal medicine and pharmacology, Theophrastus and Dioscorides, refer to it in their books. It neutralizes bacteria, germs and fungi. It can be applied externally as an antiseptic for wounds and insect bites offering immediate relief. Additionally:
- It stimulates the appetite and helps digestion.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It improves the symptoms of diarrhea, pain from colic, nervous indigestion and nausea.
- It soothes coughs and it is suitable for bronchitis and asthma.
- It helps in cases of arthritis and rheumatism.