* Availbale for London delivery only *
Ecofarma and based in the Peloponnese where they source milk from small, independent sheep and goat herders in the mountains of Lconia, Messinia and Arcadia. The PDO feta is made from a combination of sheep's milk and up to 30% goat's milk. It is a bright white cheese with irregular small almond-shaped holes of compact structure throughout the body. Soft, almost creamy texture with a pleasant moisture content that allows the cheese to express its savoury character. It has a mild, slightly salty and spicy taste with a touch of butter cream, lightly peppery, properly salted. Leaves a strong, lasting aftertaste.
• Ingredients: Pasteurised, sheep's milk and up to 30% goat's milk, salt, cultures, rennet.
• Origin: Mantinia, Levidi, Asea (Arcadia), Aetos, Filiatra (Messinia) , Andritsena (Ilia), Geraki (Laconia).
• Net content: 4kg in 100g slices
• Packaging: plastic tub, in brine
Served as an appetizer or meze, in a platter with wine, with fruits or bread, in salads. Used in cooking casseroles and in baking pies.